SENIOR DRILLING ENGINEER
Engineering, Methods, Studies
Pointe Noire, Congo
Oil & Gas
- Involved on a high stakes exploration well, in ultra-Deepwater (2100m), you oversee all engineering topics with regards preparation, follow up and postmortem of an exploration well and Infill following FID.
- You ensure interim of the Head of Engineering during his leave.
Main activities are, but not limited to, the followings:
- Prepare the engineering drilling operations as per the approved technical well programs and budget.
- Prepare Drilling proposals, Well Budget, Drilling programs, well planning and End of Well Reports (EOWR).
- Prepare equipment order and purchase in conformity with planning.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation and publication of drilling programs in line with HSE, technical and company rules.
- Provide technical specifications and scope of work for drilling rig services.
- Ensure regular updating of local drilling reference procedures and promote, select and coordinate implementation of new drilling techniques.
- Initiate and manage derogations when required and keep focus on Technological Major Risks
- Ensure the daily follow up of engineering operations (drilling curve, trajectory, daily cost verifications, …)
- Liaise with operational people to optimize engineering solutions and to integrate the operational feedbacks in the programs.
- Liaise with Cost Control (Expecting Well Operations expenses etc…)
- Participate to Contractor Audits
- Liaise with other Engineering services and coordinate QA/QC & follow-up of hardware drilling consumables and stock.
- Ensure the well reporting, well workflow, well summary, budget, cost and KPI to be issued and validated in a timely manner
- Coordinate the Drilling Improvement Process system with implementation of related actions.
- Ensure and maintain conformity with Congolese laws and regulations particularly with regards waste management.
- Diploma: Engineer degree
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience in Drilling and completion. with Extensive experience in Deepwater, experience in Gulf of Guinea is much in demand
- Good level of expertise with subsea well response,
- Valid IWCF Well Control and BOSIET certification are mandatory,
- A Team Player with good communication skills,
- Ability to work with transverse entities.
- Languages: Fluent English mandatory, other languages would be a plus.