Yard HSE Supervisor
- The job holder is accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to H3SE rules & requirements and for implementing H3SE rules within his area of responsibility.
- The job holder is accountable for project’s activities during DBN PWM Project execution:
- Provide direction and guidance to yard management team and CONTRACTOR on HSE issues within the workplace.
- Promote COMPANY HSE POLICY, Incident Free and Golden Rules to all COMPANY and CONTRACTOR personnel.
- Implement and coordinate risk management activities throughout the PROJECT to achieve successful completion of the DBN PWM Project on time and in a safe manner.
- Assist in preparation of HSE documentations.
- Participate in contractors HSE audits and inspections.
- Conduct or participate in safety training of contractor personnel as required.
- Ensuring compliance by all parties to COMPANY HSE requirements and Policies as well local rules and legislation.
- Ensuring that DBN PWM Project Objectives are well understood, disseminated and HSE actions are in place to meet Project objectives.
- Promote safety culture within COMPANY personnel and CONTRACTOR as well as the reporting of Safety Observations and incentive schemes as may be applied.
- Ensure that CONTRACTOR comply at all times with safety rules, taking actions as required in case of non-compliance.
- Ensure and monitor the safety of personnel and installations as well as protection of the environment.
- Evaluate/monitor site working conditions related to construction works and assess contractor’s HSE performance.
- Focus on the early identification of potential problems and propose appropriate solutions to site management.
- Attend/conduct regular HSE coordination meetings with CONTRACTORS’ representatives to discuss and agree on safety standards, concerns and potential hazards.
- Participate in or organize Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) with CONTRACTORS and request new JSAs if necessary.
- Implement, monitor and report corrective actions further to HSE findings, audits and monitoring activities.
- Ensure incident reporting and investigation are are carried out as necessary.
- Ensure HSE performance monitoring and reporting to hierarchy as necessary.
- Actively participating to all HSE audit/inspection program and liaise with other operational parties for implementing remedial actions to ensure HSE standards are maintained and hazards identified are effectively addressed through an action tracker register.
- Ensuring that all equipment mobilized on work site are in good working condition and in compliance with COMPANY requirement and industrial standard with valid certification. Actively taking part of all site and worksite HSE safety tool box talk, mass safety talk and stand down meeting. Providing input into the lesson learnt from the PROJECT.
- Follow up on mandatory trainings for COMPANY and CONTRACTOR in accordance with contract requirements.
- To ensure a timely review of HSE aspect of construction documentation.
- Provide support, advice and assurance on HSE matters to PROJECT Personnel in line with Standards and PROJECT instructions.
- Periodically confirm Emergency Preparedness status through drills/tests.
- Contribute to the improvement in techniques, procedures and methodologies to effectively overcome HSE challenges/difficulties.
- Be proactive in promoting safety awareness (campaigns, initiatives) at all levels within PROJECT team and CONTRACTOR personnel.
- Stop any unsafe operation/situation and report immediately to Yard Management.
- Graduate Degree or Diploma holder with Occupational Health and Safety recognized certification.
- Large experience in Oil and Gas EPCIC project. Jacket/Top site fabrication experience is recommended.
- HSE Professional experience 10 years and 5 years on similar activities at equivalent position.
- Knowledge of international safety legislation, codes of practice, etc., audit/inspection techniques and procedures. Thorough understanding of HSE management systems and risk management processes.
- Appropriate formal HSE training course (First Aid, Firefighting, Working at Height, Scaffolding, JSA/HIRA, Handling and lifting operation, Radio Protection, Chemical waste management, Incident investigation…).
- Good computer skill and ability to use relevant software (Office pack).
- Ability to work in a complex and multicultural environment. Fluent in English, good leadership and communication skill.