Offshore Construction Supervisor
- He is expected to contribute pragmatic hands-on and technical expertise gained during substantial previous site experience, to ensure that proposed E&C activities are practical, fit for purpose and compatible with existing site plant, systems and equipment.
- The OCS contributes directly to production performance by ensuring that construction works are executed to plan and within strictly defined timeframes, to minimize impact on the field production plan.
- The post both coordinates and supervises annual Construction Team activity across the entire field. This requires the direct management of the involved Supervisors (PVV, E&I, QC/Material, HSE…) plus 10-60 trade technicians and Vendor staff depending on job scope.
- The job holder must ensure that offshore construction works adhere to Construction Department procedures and provides detailed progress reports.
- Close liaison with onshore Construction Coordinators is required, to resolve any emerging issues during execution phase and to maximize the cost-effective execution of all construction activities.
- To plan works in accordance with priorities agreed with the Construction Lead, based on emergency, safety, production and future development critical needs.
- To participate in the risk analysis as required to ensure safe and timely execution of the works.
- To participate in detailed design reviews with the Engineering Department to assure the practicability and connectivity of the Work packs provided by the Engineering team for the works envisaged.
- To participate in HAZID’s and Risk Assessments when required to ensure staff and plant safety.
- To ensure that Job Safety Analyses are prepared in good time for validation by the OIM
- Participates in and contributes to Construction preparation and Kick Off meetings and workshops as required.
- Assists FOP with preparation of isolation plans and related material requirements.
- Co-ordinates the production & approval of lifting plans.
- Ensures required procedures are prepared and available prior starting the works offshore.
- Identifies requirement for external services and coordinates the mobilization with onshore Construction Coordinators.
Logistics, materials, contracts
- Ensures equipment, materials, consumables and spares are defined / identified in the Work Orders. Tracks their availability status with the assistance of the Material Coordinator.
- Ensures mobilization of materials, equipment and personnel is achieved as per plan.
- Provides support to the Project Engineers and/or Construction Coordinators with the preparation of construction plans.
- Inputs to the Level 4 schedule inclusive of the mobilization and demobilization of all offshore personnel, materials and equipment.
- Provides input and participates as required in 5 year / to 4 month campaign planning cycle including development of work lists.
- Ensures that manpower and accommodation requirements (labor, supervision, contractors and equipment specialists) are forecast and implemented.
- Personally, leads offshore Construction Teams to ensure safe and timely implementation and execution in accordance with the scope, quality and budget (man-hours) as planned by the Construction Lead.
- Conducts daily safety tours, toolbox talk audits and ensures all safety issues are reported through site management in a timely manner.
- Manages the Permits To Work.
- Reports progress daily and escalates blockers immediately to ensure critical path is maintained.
- Communicates on daily basis with the FOP entity offshore (OIM, OTL, …) with regards to the works ongoing for E&C Construction activities.
- Ensures that the resources and organisation from Contractor are adequate with regards to the workload.
- Co-ordinates with QA leader for all quality matters. (Including sign-off of MC packages).
- Verifies the precom/com dossiers, red-mark-up drawings etc. for the E&C Commissioning Supervisor and/or Construction Engineer Coordinator for the offshore construction activities.
- Compiles construction execution data and contributes to the close-out report in conjunction with onshore-based Construction and Project colleagues and to the REX and Lessons Learned for the Company.
- Provides details for the as-built dossiers with Contractors/Subcontractors inputs from Offshore Construction Team.
- Provides feedback for cost realization efficiency studies.
- Ensures Work Orders are closed, archives the construction preparation documentation for future reference.
- As a minimum, job holders must have extensive hands-on technical, project co-ordination and supervisory experience gained in an Offshore Construction environment (Construction, Engineering, etc…) and ideally in Oil and Gas operations.
- A craft Apprenticeship, relevant Vocational trade qualifications or degree are highly desirable.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of Campaign/Shutdown Management techniques preferably in the petrochemical, refining, Oil & Gas exploration and / or production industries.
- Awareness / basic use of planning software tools i.e. Primavera P6, MS Project.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills required.
- Solid leadership skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English (listening, writing and speaking) and its technical vocabulary.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- High-level user of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) SAP.
- Medically fit to work on offshore oil & gas installations.