- The service holder shall be in charge to secure the overall Engineering Design defined in the Key North Gialo Project elements and to ensure the proper implementation of all the technical requirements into the final detailed engineering.
- The service holder will plan its Engineering team organization and will organize the selection and mobilization of the Engineering personnel in line with the different phases of the project.
1/ During Preparation and CFT phase, the service holder, with the technical support of his/her team, is in charge to:
- Organize, coordinate and supervise studies and workshops to optimize or complete the FEED design as highlighted by the Project review;
- Prepare the Project Technical Referential in accordance with Operator’s specifications;
- Prepare in liaison with the Contract Lead and Package Manager(s) the call for tender technical supports (in particular Exh A Scope Of Work and Exh E Basis of Design);
- Participate in the technical Pre-qualification process and technical evaluation of the Bidders proposals;
- Answer to the technical clarification requests from the Bidders during the call for tenders.
- Update the FEED dossier as necessary
2/ During the EPC Phase, the service holder is in charge to:
- Lead and manage the multi-disciplinary engineering team (composed of lead discipline engineers and discipline engineers), with focus on the successful and timely Project execution;
- Supervise and coordinate the Detailed Engineering activities performed by the Contractors;
- Ensure Plant design consistency, constructability, operability and flexibility;
- Provide support to and challenge the Contractors in order to achieve an optimized design, fit for purpose and in compliance with the Project objectives;
- Promote alternative design to reduce cost, work and schedule;
- Organize the adequate presence of Company’s engineering team with (each) Contractor(s) to ensure the required level of performance and the timely issue and review of the agreed deliverables;
- Provide the necessary technical coordination and arbitration between the different disciplines and Work Packages in case of conflict or inconsistencies in the design and keep all parties informed of the decision taken or proposal for decision;
- Keep and maintain a good working spirit within the engineering team;
- Ensure proper and timely approvals/validations of the key engineering deliverables
- Liaise with TOTAL Head Office in his field of expertise and get validation of proposed derogations when deviating from the Project referential.
- Assist the Project Management to plan and prepare the Project Reviews and address the findings related to engineering matters;
The service holder reports to the Project Manager and will ensure, as required, the reporting of his activities.
- Qualification: Engineering degree.
- Languages: Fluent English (working language), Arabic would be a Plus
- Professional Experience: Minimum 15 years’ experience (an Industry graduate program engineer or relevant experience) with significant relevant multi-discipline engineering experience in Oil &Gas or large complex industrial projects with managerial responsibilities.
- Strong technical, analytical, innovative and commercial skills.
- Good communication skills and aptitude for taking initiatives are essential,
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and cultural teams.
- Abilify to manage Relationships with key stakeholders and contractors.
- Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments.