- Ensure the successful execution of site activities contracts according to agreed commercial obligations, financial and qualitative targets.
- Ensure that the site portions of all subcontracts are followed and fulfilled to benefit.
- Optimize financial results for site activities contracts.
- Proactively assess risk/claim management for site activities contracts.
- Ensure that all important site records are adequately maintained.
- Ensure the correct site process and tools are in place and followed.
- Manage site activities contracts according to the agreed processes laid out in the relevant tool.
- Provide support and direction to the site staff on all contractual and commercial matters.
- Ensuring that contractors and/or consortium partners comply with their contractual obligations.
- Ensure correct contractual and commercial implementation of contractors reporting, collection of records as well as adequate administration of claims for any event.
- Ensure that all delay events and non-budged costs are properly identified classified, well documented and that the responsible parties (including clients, contractors and insurers) are notified in a timely manner, in full coordination with project contract manager.
- Provide recommendations and advice on how to avoid any additional cost and, when improbable, how to minimize the costs of legitimate claims.
- Manage and minimize commercial and contractual impacts resulting from time, quality or process related issues on site.
- Support detailed scheduling, planning, coordination of work and continuous supervision; early recognition of possible critical deadlines; arrangement or demand for and implementation of corrective actions; forwarding of information to the Site Manager (SIM), Contract Manager and the Project Management.
- Ensure all contractors’ correspondence is timely and duly answered.
- In coordination with contract manager ensure that all correspondences to client concerning site activities: testing, commissioning, energization etc…, are timely sent and duly answered.
- Ensure commercial and contractual feedback to the responsive site and project organisations (including Procurement and Logistic) as well as the delegating line organisation.
- Ensure, together with the site team, that all BOQ and scope changes are recorded and documented properly and are clearly traceable to the contractual scope and BOQs as well as the respective erection/construction work package/system.
- Execute and/or support closeout of site contracts including the production of a SCM closeout report when requested.
- Whenever possible, SCM shall support the preparation of commercial documents and shall participate during final negotiation of Civil and E&M Erection contracts.
- Complete and administrate site insurance claims.
- Ensure site purchasing terms and conditions of all purchase orders are commercially sound and compliant with contract conditions and local laws and regulations.
- Receive appropriate SPO quotes from sub-supplies and in conjunction with the requestor making a technical and commercial evaluation, placement of SPO and approval of invoice according to SPO terms and conditions.
- Degree in an appropriate technical discipline (e.g. quantity surveying, construction, engineering).
- Additional project management and/or commercial education and professional registration (e.g. RICS) is appreciated.
Experience and knowledge
- International work experience or at least management of international contracts.
- Proven experience in the construction of capital projects (petrochem, civil and building etc…) and preferable power.
- Commercial and legal skills.
- Excellent computer skills in MS-Windows and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (oral and written).
- Knowledge of any other language is appreciated.
- Preferable, skills in using Lotus Notes applications and Internet software.
- Planning, organization, negotiation, and presentation Skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Open to criticism, able to handle conflicts.
- Achievement and goal orientated.
- Cultural awareness and team player.