Tanks, Vessels, Materials – Welding Engineer
- Perform as Technical Authority for Tanks, Vessels ((heat Exchangers and large onshore storage tanks, Process and utilities vessels) and Materials & Welding Engineering.
- To supervise and guide EPC Contractor for all aspects of Static equipment’s. To ensure, for his/her discipline that SOR, Basic Engineering, Project Specifications and Procedures, Company General Specifications and international codes are well followed for the design and construction.
- Perimeter: Mainly CPF (Central Processing facilities) and wellpads.
- Phases: Detail Engineering to construction phase.
- Ensure that costs to company are minimized and that project schedule is maintained. Ensure that Contractor and Subcontractors are followings the applicable project Specifications, TOTAL General Specifications , local and International Codes / Standards.
- Monitor the performance of the Contractor and Subcontractors in achieving the Project Objectives.
- Follow-up the EPC Contractor activities and ensure the contract requirements are applied.
- Reviewing and approving Detailed Design documents developed by EPC Contractor: Producing comments in due time, provide the necessary explanations to Contractor and follow up the implementation
- To Review and propose timely answers to technical queries or deviations related to his/her discipline
- Ensure interfaces between disciplines: Inform engineering manager and liaise with other discipline involved including PVV, Instrumentation, safety – to ensure best trade-off between various constraints.
- To provide regular feedback to TOTAL Head Office TEC/PVV and get support when necessary. Ensure lessons learnt from previous project is well integrated in the project for his/her discipline.
- Witness / Participating in the reception and/or FAT’s when necessary.
- To verify critical Vessels at vendor’s premises before/during FAT
- To ensure / verify EPC contractor provides adequate as-built drawings upon package FAT.
- During Construction activity, participate to the follow up of installation activities.
- Review all Contractor procedures and quality inspections related to welding activity.
- Witness welding procedures qualification and welder ability qualifications.
- Ensure that the construction yard is provided with suitable information and resources in line with their requirements (both technical and schedule). Provide strong input in the resources management (equipment, consumables, manpower).
- Troubleshoot technical problems that may affect the construction and liaise with the Quality Control Coordinator.
- Identify the critical activities and bottleneck for the progress of the modules or vessels related to welding. Anticipate; propose solutions to improve welder’s productivity.
- Follow up the welding activities and ensure proper records are maintained (welding/NDE/inspection records follow-up).
- Ensure that electrodes and TIG wires are stored in the proper conditions and utilized at the proper temperature.
- To comply with HSE requirements and To support and enforce the HSE Project objectives and directives
- To support and implement the Project HSE management system (plans, procedure and specifications)
- Degree Qualified in Materials or Welding Technology or International Welding Engineer diploma (IWE) or European Welding Engineer diploma (EWE) or Chartered engineer (UK), desirable.
- Certified to – AWS CWI, CSWIP Grade 3.1 or EWIP/IWIP-S or Company approved equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience with Project background within Oil & Gas industry. Construction experience is required on structural, piping and vessel installations. Experience on construction yard in construction team is required. Advanced knowledge of metallurgy, materials processing especially casting and forging, welding and joining, non-destructive testing and of Materials Codes and Standards (ASME, API, ASTM, etc.)
- Knowledge of Total General specifications (GS) and International codes/standards.
- English mandatory.