Senior Piping Engineer
- Fulfil the Company expert roles of Technical Reference Person (TRP) for the Piping discipline including piping stress, materials and layouts.
- Support ‘Team Lead’ to ensure all facets of Piping Engineering within the business across all entities; for all new developments / modifications and life time extensions are technically compliant, safely and timely completed in accordance with International Standards, policies, process, standards and guidelines.
- Secure Cost efficiency and develop savings in budgeting and schedule for projects that are executed.
- Provide expertise advice in the field of Piping Engineering and be able to represent the company within the North Field operator’s community / wider.
- Presentation of technical issues to senior management with a view to endorsement of budget/technical/best practice and value engineering
- Ensure and promote the application of HSE and Safety Engineering policies, process, standards, and guidelines incl. international rulesets.
- Liaise as required with NOC’s shareholders Technical Authorities, D+W / FOPS and MP entities to ensure Piping strategies and current best industry technical knowledge is applied and enforced.
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with the above, taking actions as required in case of deviation.
- Promote safety culture within personnel and contractors including reporting of anomalies.
- Develop and oversee the design of new piping installations or modifications in conjunction with E&C, D&W, FOPS and MP entities.
- Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions.
- Prepare requisitions for piping material procurement and technical bids evaluation.
- Prepare scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for all packages for piping related activities.
- Lead the technical review of the bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly.
- Produce and supervise detailed engineering performed by Contractors for installation engineering
- Evaluate and approve Production Facilities drawings and designs, installation schemes, layouts, HAZOP studies & materials take-off for all required entities e.g. D&W / FO and MP thus providing consistency and standardization for CAPEX/OPEX benefit.
- Ensure that Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check them regularly to achieve quality expectations.
- Lead development and update of piping standards.
- Interact with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies and the like to ensure independent oversight is maintained
- Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity.
- Interview, select and recruit Piping Engineering Personal [both direct hire and Contract Staff]
- Qualification: BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering; with membership of a recognized professional body e.g. C.Eng / I.Mech.E
- +12 years in offshore oil & gas covering Design Offices, fabrication/installation with 5-7 years in a leadership role
- Good sense of team spirit, strong leadership and interpersonal, transferable and communication skills. Fluent in English (Verbal/written).