SENIOR CONTRACT ENGINEER
COMSIP is looking for a Senior Contract Engineer for a 12 months mission in Paris, with a starting date on 1st September of 2019.
You have to:
- Ensure compliance of contracting activities is in accordance with Company requirements and
- Impose strict confidentiality with regard to the Contractual and Commercial documentation
- Demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regards to H3SE rules & requirements and with regards to the Company Ethics
- Ensure a high level EPC contract Administration always protecting company interests.
- You keep the Project Lead Contract, the Package Manager and all relevant parties informed regarding ongoing activities status to advise the Project /Package Managers on relevant actions/decisions.
- You prepare and manage, as necessary, the whole contracting process – for contracts to be placed during the Execution Phase – in compliance with Company and Project procedures and with due respect to approved schedule and milestones. This includes:
- The preparation of tendering dossiers (technical Exhibits, General and Particular specifications), the launching of CFTs, the management of the clarification / negotiation phases, the evaluation of contractual and commercial proposals and the issue of final Recommendations to award, including Due Diligence process, preparation / coordination of the final contractual set/ commercial / technical documentation for these contracts.
- The preparation and follow‐up of the associated Commitment process (with registering in TEP Angola tools (UNISUP…)).
- The preparation and follow‐up of external approvals with Partners and Concessionaire, as needed.
- You contractually and commercially administrate/manage the awarded Contract(s) and liaise actively with relevant technical specialists for the technical management of Contractor(s).
- You are responsible for clarifying and communicating the contract tools and mechanisms for the technical specialists to be aware of them.
- You manage the process associated with contractual and commercial changes (changes orders) according to Change Order Procedure and Delegation of Authorities in force and keeping in mind that a zero-change policy applies beyond what was forecasted by contractual elements; coordinate requests for technical changes and follow‐up related approval process.
- You participate to Change orders meetings with Contractors and to build from ED a counterclaim dossier.
- You verify the contractor’s progress in coordination with the Package Manager, Planning Engineer and Cost Controller.
- You work closely with the planning and cost engineer on re‐forecasting the final cost estimate of the contract.
- You ensure payment is in accordance with the claimed progress.
- You monitor all Cost remuneration to Contractor and participate in the compilation of Milestone Payment Certificates and Contractor Invoices.
- You participate to Weekly Meetings with Contractors and, in general, to all necessary meetings as requested.
- You are the scribe for all Package management MOM in order to ensure that wordings are contractually in favor of COMPANY.
- You participate in the settlement of disputes together with legal, insurance and finance specialists.
- You perform the close‐out of Contract(s) with respect to Client and Project procedures.
- You participate in reducing contractual risks associated with interfaces with other packages and highlighting potential risks occurring during the execution of the contract.
- You ensure that clear and accurate records of contractual matters are maintained and monitor key dates, against dates defined in the contracts.
- You participate, for the Contracts administrated, in the development of Project Budget and subsequent revisions (as requested) according to actual expenditure versus planned budget, potential changes…
- You manage all contractual and commercial activities related to Contract(s) you are in charge of, up to close‐out, in the frame and with respect to procedural obligations as per, Contract and Procurement procedures, Joint operating Agreement and Laws in force.
- You timely report to the Package Manager, assisting him, as required, in communication with Project Management, and highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
- You ensure reporting to project Lead Contract of the administrated Contract activities to update on a weekly basis the project Contracts Activities report.
- You participate to KPI/objectives development.
- You participate to suppliers and contractor’s evaluation and follow up.
- You feed the project data base.
- You are active in the cost culture deployment and development within the project, be in particular the sponsor of this culture within the Package of the contract administrated.
- Qualification: Legal counsel, Engineer or Management School
- Professional Experience: 15 years
- Language: Fluent English & French , Portuguese (would be a plus)
- Required competencies:
- Strong experience on EPC contracts
- Oil and Gas Process and Construction Practices
- Contract administration
- EPC Mechanisms
- Contractual wording
- Cost control