Mechanical Rotating Engineer
- The job holder is in charge of the technical design aspects related to rotating equipment of the Phase 3 development associated to the Central processing platform(CPP), the Living quarter (LQ), the riser platform (RP) , its integration to the main existing complex and specific brownfield debottlenecking parts of scope.
- He is responsible for the consistency of the selection and design of the rotating equipment within Phase 3,
- He works in a team of engineers dedicated to phase 3 PRE-FEED engineering.
- The Job holder is either based in Major Projects offices (Doha) or in the engineering contractor premises.
- The Job holder is the focal point of the EPC engineering contractor for rorating equipment.
- Promote & comply in all activities with applicable safety instructions and other HSE procedures,
- Carry out work in compliance with values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed priorities and objectives, standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to mechanical rotating equipment for the Major Projects by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable). The scope of activities will concern both green field (new development) as well as brownfield activities (on existing platforms). The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules (when applicable),
- Supervise the engineering contractors in charge of carrying out PRE-FEED, FEED of mechanical rotating engineering in compliance with project specifications and procedures, specifications, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to the project.
- Develop pre FEED and FEED scope in line with Pre-Project and Statement of Requirements; ensure consistency in various FEED documentations and deliverables and ITT documents.
- Assist Corporate Planning & Development team members in addressing the mechanical rotating concerns and queries, when required,
- Supervise and promote cost-saving and weight saving solutions in the design, ensure that the design is standardized across the various wellhead platforms as much as practicable,
- Check the quality of the mechanical rotating engineering documents prepared by the Contractor(s) and his subcontractors & vendors, provide required comments in due time, approve via MANASA the documentation promptly, in accordance with contract procedures and requirements,
- Monitor engineering, procurement, construction expediting, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) for discipline related activities. Participate with CTR to the progress and technical meetings with vendors, to the inspections at vendors’ plants when/as required
- Ensure a delivery of FEED and detailed engineering dossier in due time to secure project execution schedule,
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters during FEED and detailed design development, typically 3D model development, layout reviews, etc.
- Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality,
- Keep a pro-active attitude in front of future interlocutors (Contractors, Vendors, etc.),
- Review mechanical rotating design data of the existing facilities for the new WHP integration,
- Assist to prepare FEED and detailed scope of work and proposal MDR for mechanical rotating discipline covering for FEED and EPC, all in line with Pre-FEED and Statement of Requirements,
- Manage the technical interfaces with other disciplines for the preparation of mechanical rotating discipline scope of work,
- Participate in the HAZID/ HAZOP/ Project reviews sessions with the company, Contractors and Vendors teams and provide technical answers and clarifications,
- Participate in inspections at site/vendor premises, as required,
- Review qualification procedures and follow any qualification tests
- Qualification: Master’s degree in mechanical rotating engineering,
- Experience: minimum 15 years’ experience as discipline eng. in mechanical rotating field in Oil and Gas activities.
- Experience of lead rotating is required
- Offshore experience is preferred,
- Available for technical mission world-wide,
- Familiar with Total general specifications is a plus,
- Language: fluent English,
- Computer literate,
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment