As a world leader in renewable energies utility looking for a highly skilled Electrical Engineer with previous experience leading the engineering of photovoltaic plants in France. As member of an international team, you will perform a key function in the engineering of the plants being developed in France, and would be required to develop further projects in other countries, if needed.
You’d play a role in the whole cycle of engineering. You will be the engineer manager responsible for leading from the technical, economic and planning point of view, the complete photovoltaic plants engineering in all phases of project development. Ensuring compliance of execution of projects targets in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, CAPEX and Schedule according with the Company Business Plan. You will work with different internal departments such as business development, offers, construction, networks, purchase, quality and environment, and also externally with developers, the Administration, certification companies, subcontractors, and others.
The position will be in their offices located in the South of France or in Ile-de-France.
- Develop and review energy yield calculations using tools such as PVSYST.
- Due Diligence for PV projects, focusing on energy assessment, design, feasibility, and engineering issues.
- Support development and early-stage projects with conceptual designs.
- Analyze sites focusing on engineering issues, including visits to the sites, to design and built a PV plant.
- Develop PV plants design, optimize it and calculate PV plant electrical configuration.
- Develop Solar PV design packages including solar array layouts, electrical one-lines, collection systems, and equipment mounting details for utility scale Solar PV systems with support of external engineering firms.
- Develop requirements for SCADA and communication solar PV plant facilities.
- Estimate inverter MVA for reactive power requirement.
- Take engineering lead on solar-specific projects to include bid development, contract review, progress tracking and interdepartmental coordination.
- Supervise the EPC works focusing on engineering issues.
- Support the implementation of new trends, from a PV plant perspective, like batteries, hybrid solutions, etc. that could be considered for the pipeline.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety standards required by Iberdrola.
- Represent the company with relevant stakeholders, such as agencies and institutions, both public and private, in relation to matters relating to its responsibilities
- Internal: Development department, project department (wind engineering, offers, energy resource, networks, construction), global engineering department, operation and maintenance, investment office, main equipment and contracts department, procurement department, corporate areas of the group (corporate development, control, finance, etc.), as well as other corporate departments if any.
- External: engineering companies, renewable developers, suppliers, technical certification companies, as well as other external companies and stakeholders if it is necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering or similar, and Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in engineering of photovoltaic projects in France.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with PVSYST software. It is necessary to be an expert user.
- Experience in batteries projects is a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / TECHNICAL SKILLS / SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Design of photovoltaic plants, including production analysis, electrical and civil works.
- Knowledge in contracting topographic and geotechnical campaigns.
- Technical skills with an ability to balance and prioritize competing interests.
- Knowledge on construction of photovoltaic plants is a plus.
- MS Project, MS Office, AutoCad & GIS.
- Organizational skills (creating structure and order, boosting efficiency, and prioritizing task).
- Ability to report key indicators.
- Resources management.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic, networking and influencing skills.
- Understanding and alignment with corporate culture and/or ability to adapt quickly to the corporate culture.
- Ability to make rational decisions, even when under pressure and to interact with suppliers.
- Strong sense of values and ethics, and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Spanish is a plus.