| SECTOR : Oil and Gas | PROJECT PHASE: Project | DURATION : 18 months
- At level A, the PM has the capacity to manage projects which are classified “Large or complex” or “Major Attention” according to PMH and identified as “strategic” by management
- With a strategic customer in terms of secured and potential contracts or target market.
- That constitutes a severe financial, technical and commercial risk & opportunities
- The impact of the project will have a significant effect at the level.
- A multi-Unit project, where PM is the leader, Operating within an international environment with many complex internal and external interfaces
- Set-up project management plan (incl. strategy) adapted to Multi-Unit and Complex environment.
- Manage the changes and adapt the objectives & strategy accordingly.
- Organize and lead Gate reviews.
- Address project management issues (roadblocks, performance, etc…).
- Contribute significantly to project management process improvements and delivery processes at Unit level.
- Manage the entire project scope of work.
- Analyze Customer requirements.
- Detect errors/inconsistencies within customer requirement. Propose solutions to reduce those gaps and lead the relevant
- Organize works allocation for all partners from the consortium.
- Responsible for delivering the project on time.
- Ensure to update Master project schedule, based on Multi-Units schedules.
- Produce and updates list of key milestones (incl customers).
- Anticipate on-time delivery issues
- Take responsibility for the contributive margin of the overall project.
- Maximize profit and cash at each phase of project.
- Set-up targets for consortium partners.
- Foresee costs & margins at completion.
- Identify cost discrepancies.
- Monitor cash evolution and take actions.
- Develop monthly cost/sales forecast (in close cooperation with the project controller).
- Develop costs and revenue recovery plans.
- Optimize Costs (design to cost, negotiation QCD, etc…) and challenge productivity in all areas directly involved.
- Responsible for all aspects of communication within the project to promote communication between Units.
- Conduct Risk Sessions
- Identify and implement risk mitigation plans
- Lead and manage the team to ensure performance standards, annual objectives, policies and procedures are met
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented within the team
- Takes responsibility to reward and encourage direct reports to take proactive steps toward all matters related to EHS in the workplace.
- Degree level or equivalent education
- Most suitable candidates will possess an engineering‐related degree, although some may come from a general management /commercial background English Mastered + another language (other than local) experience
Desired Knowledge & Experience
Certified as PM level A or should be certified in the following 6‐9 months after assignment. The candidate
shall have the competencies associated with this level (see competency wheel described in PM Certification
- World class Project Manager with proven track record
- Management of projects within a consortium or partnership environment
- For PM certification level A, 5 years of project management experience within GRID Solutions are requested OR experience (8-10 years) in managing successfully large and complex projects. A PMP Certification is also requested.
- Project Management in an international environment
- Experience of managing multi‐disciplinary teams with multiple interfaces and high project local content
- Experience of team building and team culture development
- Proven track record of significant improvement of project margin
- Management of projects with severe financial, technical and commercial risk
- Experience of P&L objectives
- Willingness to work in different locations for short or medium periods and to travel world‐wide
- Experience of Transmission and/or Distribution industry
- Internal EHS trainings
- Training on Legal responsibility
- Training on EHS leadership program
- Local qualification according to regulations