Pipeline Lead Engineer
- The service holder is responsible for the delivery of the Pipeline package, in accordance with Contract requirements, in particular technical requirements and schedule, ensuring all aspects of the EPCI works are accounted for in due time.
- Through her/his behavior and the work, she/he will carry out, the jobholder will ensure compliance of the Pipeline engineering activities with Company QHSE policy, rules, guidelines and specifications, and with subsidiary’s QHSE management system and the respect of the local regulation
- She/He will have to contribute to QHSE permanent performance improvement and will have to participate actively to an ambitious HSE culture deployment.
- To supervise the engineering activities related to the Pipeline package during Detailed Engineering / Qualification / Procurement / Fabrication and Installation phases performed by SURF Contractor
- Follow up Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities performed by UFR Contractor and lead the resolution of technical issues when necessary
- To review and comment Contractor Engineering / Qualification / Procurement / Fabrication and Installation documentation taking into account contract reference document and Project Specifications, all within project schedule
- Ensure that all engineering activities related to the Pipeline Package are performed in line with General Specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
- Ensure that engineering activities are progressed to a sufficient level before the start of Qualification, Procurement, Manufacturing, Fabrication and Installation activities
- Ensure that design and qualification outcomes/ constraints are adequately considered in due time for Procurement, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning, and vice/ versa
- Ensuring that for the Manufacturing and Fabrication of critical items, ITPs are reviewed in due time by the relevant parties and are given the right level of attention
- Assist in interface management with FPSO & SURF contractor
- Answer SURF Contractor technical queries as necessary
- Ensure that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
- Get assistance from specialists (such as structural, flexible, material & welding, corrosion & coating, etc …), or third parties, if required, for specific topics
- Provide inputs to contract correspondence, as necessary
- Issue reports and presentations as necessary
- Participate in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews…) and ensure implementation of recommendations as necessary
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in pipeline / riser engineering for deepwater Projects.
- Relevant experience will include development of detail design specifications, performance and / or validation of detail design calculations, including analyses such as lateral buckling / pipe walking, fatigue, spool design, structural design…
- Excellent knowledge of international pipeline codes / standards and TOTAL general specifications
- Sound organizational ability, with respect for planning & budget(s).
- Behavior Skills: Good communication skills, networking. Autonomy in work organization with a thorough auto quality-control, high pro-activity. Well identified synthesis skills. Leaderships skills
- Language skills: Proficient in English. Portuguese is an asset in the local environment.