LEAD TECHNICAL SAFETY ENGINEER
- Assuring the Technical Safety Lead during FEED preparation and execution phase of the project.
- Lead the definition of the safety engineering discipline FEED execution scope, applicable international norms and standards as well as Company rules and specifications.
- Participate to tender assessments, clarifications with bidder and other activities as related to the discipline.
- Contribute to the Safety Concept development at conceptual engineering phase, maintain updated at all time the Safety Concept with the latest engineering development.
- Provide overall guidance pertaining to safe work practices on Safety in design, risk analysis and hazard management within the project perimeter.
- Be responsible for the quality review of FEED documentation in safety discipline.
- Review and comment vendor documents and attend vendors meeting as required and
- Review and propose response to letters, technical queries, deviation requests for project management approval.
- Ensure efficient preparation and performance of HAZOP / HAZID by CONTRACTOR, set-up of action list and close out process.
- Coordinate HQ Project Review preparation and manage responses to as applicable to safety discipline.
- Cooperate with field operation representative / team.
- Organize weekly coordination meetings (for Safety discipline) with the CONTRACTOR(s).
- Report weekly activities performed and attend to coordination meetings.
- Qualification: Engineer diploma, or equivalent
- Experience: minimum 15 years, with 5 years on similar position
- Competencies: Knowledge in middle & large scale onshore upstream projects in a Technical Safety engineer role. Working on Projects during FEED and EPC phase, 2-3 projects
- Languages: fluent English & Arabic mandatory. French (spoken) could be a plus.