- The Superintendent is responsible for construction activities during offshore campaign performed by Contractor .
- He will be based into Major Project’s premises during preparation phase and offshore during the offshore activities.
- To promote & comply with applicable safety instructions
- To carry out work in compliance with values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed priorities and objectives, standards and procedures and good industry practices of the company
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools
- Review and approve all Method Statements from CTR within his field of competence.
Follow and assist Contractor Hook Up preparation:
- Propose design optimisation in order to minimise the offshore works.
- Attend Hook-Up optimisation workshops with CTR and monitor the actions progress
- Work Packs and Job cards validation, Material list preparation validation
- Offshore working procedures preparation and review (lifting procedures, SIMOPS, PTW etc.)
- Ensures all construction/fabrications documents are verified and compliant to technical requirements;
- Planning: follow up. making sure that the tasks are planned consistently and in line with the manpower available during the offshore campaign
- Participates to all Construction / site meetings with Contractor/Subcontractors;
- Ensures that for all disciplines, Contractor have adequate resources (equipment and manpower) mobilized in due time to performed the job;
- Ensures the timely completion of the works and monitor closely Contractor performance, work schedule and progress;
- Ensure that all fabrication steps and pre-commissioning activities are properly completed for ready for commissioning;
- Ensures that uncompleted activities are properly tracked and recorded under the punch list system;
- Liaises with the Certification Society as required to ensure compliance with rules and regulations;
- Participate as Company Representative in the regular HSE Committee meetings & Safety Tours;
- Provide adequate supports and assistance during commissioning activities
- Prepare and participate to the close-out report.
- Control that supervision team is well performing and that sufficient resources are in place to secure properly the activity;
- Monitor that employees adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, Procedures and Site Instructions.
- Monitor Contractor’s, Sub-CTR’s and Vendors detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule.
- Inform the Topsides Package Hook-up Leader on specific areas where the program deviates from approved construction schedule and propose mitigations.
- Responsible for monitoring construction progress and report to Topsides Package Hook-up Leader.
- Responsible for monitoring contractor’s labor resources in accordance with approved mobilization plan and report to Topsides Package Hook-up Leader.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the Permit to Work system
- Ensure Contractors personnel have sufficient training and experience to carry out safe operations
- Identification and follow-up of any Non Conformance linked to Fabrication (NCRs).
- To verify the completeness and correctness of the as built drawings and manage the final project documentation and ensure the complete handover to NOC Commissioning team.
- Have an Associate’s or BS degree in a technical field or extensive natural gas/oil industry experience.
- Have strong working knowledge of construction contracts, contractor inspection procedures and construction work sequences for jackets.
- Professional Experience (number of years) : 15.
- Experience within project : (number of years) : 10.
- A good knowledge of General Specifications (GS) and International codes/standards (AWS, API).
- Conversant with General Arrangement (GA) engineering and structural drawings including building marking plans, also with isometrics and P&IDs.
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Capable of proposing project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to influence and encourage personnel.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills, good English level mandatory.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- Be familiar with ICAPs and PRODOM software