COMSIP is looking for a Construction Superintendant for a Staff mission in Baku - Azerbaidjan, to start as soon as possible.
- Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of the Construction work scope, in adherence with Project HSEQ safety targets, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate high profile and visible safety leadership by example and communication with teams.
- Lead a multi-disciplined Construction team in delivering the Construction activities / Project workscope in accordance with Project construction workpacks, specifications, procedures, etc.
- Accountable for delivering all Construction activities in accordance with the Project schedule / budget and ensuring high standards are maintained and continuously improved.
- Interface with all Project and Client teams / representatives.
KEY AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Ensure all Project / Company HSEQ goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- Ensure all Construction personnel are aware of, and implement, safe working practices / procedures and are provided with a safe working environment.
- Manage, support and develop Construction personnel.
- Effective liaison with any Client and / or Sub-Contractor / Vendor Representatives.
- Deliver a high standard Construction service to the Project, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is always implemented.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across all Construction activities, delivering best practices.
- Maintain and deliver all Construction activities within budget and on schedule and where applicable implement cost saving initiatives.
- Ensure a safe and effective Permit to Work system is in place and maintained for all Construction activities.
PRIME RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise and support day-to-day Construction activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Provide support and training to Construction personnel, ensuring personnel are competent and possess the required skills.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget.
- Study, assess and verify all Construction drawings, specifications and instructions and escalate any issues identified.
- Assist in the development, issue and updating of all applicable Construction strategies, procedures / working practices and system / sub-system boundary P&ID’s required for the delivery of the Construction process – ensure compliance with all Project standards, specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to as well as all Company systems of quality assurance.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID’s and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Co-ordinate the mobilisation and de-mobilisation of Construction resources to meet schedule requirements. This will include the necessary tooling and temporary requirements which are to be managed and controlled in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc. required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Construction / Completions / Commissioning Project gains.
- Advise all system / sub-system mechanical completion Construction sign-off certificates / milestones.
- Provide Construction input into Project design during the Project design phase.
- Develop Construction logic diagrams and input to the Project Schedules.
- Monitor and report Construction progress on a regular basis – daily, weekly, monthly, and escalate any issues / concerns.
- Manage / review all change control associated with the Construction process.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable to Construction, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact Project delivery.
- Liaise with Client representatives to ensure, where applicable / required, Construction data / services are supplied.
- Liaise with Construction / Completions / Commissioning teams in the development of Project handover strategy and sequence.
- Attend Permit to Work meetings and approve work permits.
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with Sub-Contractors / Vendors Management and site representatives.
- Be fully familiar with their methods of construction, scheduling and procedures to resolve any apparent conflicts and ensure they are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Sub-Contractor / Vendor that an authorised instruction has been provided.
- Authorise or refute all Sub-Contractor / Vendor claims for delays, waiting time or abortive work.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Degree educated in an Engineering
- Recognized Site discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Construction / Completions / Commissioning practices and procedures.
- IT Literate.
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Onshore Safety Passport
- Conversant with Project tender / estimating process.
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or Senior position in Construction.
- Extensive knowledge of the Construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with Project management tools.
- Experienced in the production of detailed procedures / documents / reports.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Extensive knowledge of O&G related HSEQ safe working practices / procedures.
- Detailed understanding of modern planning systems and their use in the execution of Construction as well as Project work scopes.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.