- The position is part of the LAPA SW Project team located in the Operated Asset Direction. LAPA SW Project consists of a 12 km subsea tie back to the existing FPSO of LAPA field. LAPA SW Project is a Deepwater development (2100m) with technical challenges (high CO2 and waxy crude) and represents a key asset for the development of TOTAL EP Do Brasil.
- The Service Holder is responsible for the engineering activities of the SURF system (Subsea Umbilical, Riser and flowline system) during the whole project execution duration from detailed engineering phase to the offshore installation phase and in compliance with the Project objectives related to Safety, Environment, Quality, Cost and Planning.
- SURF systems of LAPA SW include a Production system (STTR and PiP rigid flowline with service line), a water injection system and a subsea Umbilical, Control System and Chemical Injection, all with associated subsea structures, spools and jumpers.
- Through his behavior and the work, he will carry out, the Service Holder will ensure compliance of the SURF engineering activities with Company QHSE policy, rules, guidelines and specifications, and with subsidiary’s QHSE management system and the respect of the local regulation.
- The Service Holder will have to contribute to QHSE permanent performance improvement and will have to participate actively to an ambitious HSE culture deployment
- Manage all SURF Systems Detailed Engineering / Qualification / Manufacturing / Fabrication / Construction / Installation / Pre-Commissioning activities performed by Contractor;
- Coordinate a team of technical leads (riser, flowline, umbilical, installation and flow assurance) to solve technical issues that may raise during all SURF activities of the Project;
- Ensure the prompt and efficient dispatch, review and approval of all Detailed Engineering / Qualification / Manufacturing / Fabrication / Construction / Installation / Pre-Commissioning documents issued by SURF Contractor, in due time, ensuring the adequate level of priority is given;
- Ensure coherence of the SURF systems and manage interfaces with other Package Managers of the Project (Topsides, SPS Construction and Operation);
- Responsible to coordinate and validate the technical responses to all SURF technical queries between external entities/Contractors;
- Ensure that Engineering activities are performed in line with Contract requirement and Project Specifications, all within project schedule and budget;
- Ensure that Engineering activities are performed in line with General Specifications and that proper derogations are issued, if required;
- Keep the Project Manager informed about any deviation, technical risk or concern impacting the overall project execution plan on technical, planning or cost issues related to SURF;
- Ensure that design and qualification outcomes/ constraints are adequately considered in due time for Procurement, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning, and vice/ versa;
- Ensure that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design;
- Get and coordinate assistance from specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics;
- Ensure feedbacks from industry and other operated Deepwater assets are available and accounted for in the design;
- Ensure feedbacks from industry and TOTAL’s other operated Deepwater assets are available and ac-counted for in the design;
- Participate in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments …), and ensure implementation of recommendations as necessary;
- Participate to interface meeting and liaise with Interface manager to manage the project interfaces;
- Liaise with Project HSE, QAQC, Field Operations, Commissioning Manager, etc, to ensure that the plant is designed to be safe, operable and maintainable;
- Assist QA/QC leader for all quality issues related to engineering;
- Follow up engineering issues during fabrication, testing and installation activities. Participate to trouble shooting;
- Monitor Contractor performance against engineering aspects of the Contract and to assist the Project Manager / PCM in management of associated Change Order Requests;
- To initiate and attend all SURF engineering meetings, routine and subject specific, to pursuit Contractor’s resolution and close-out of documents.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Deepwater subsea project experience
- Relevant experience will include responsibilities such as medium to large size team management in complex multidiscipline environment, in engineering and construction / fabrication site experience for large size EPCI projects
- Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and the company general specifications.
- Previous experience with STTR solution type for Deepwater development is preferable
- Sound organizational ability, with respect for planning & budget(s).
- Behavior Skills: Good communication skills, networking. Autonomy in work organization with a thorough auto quality-control, high pro-activity. Well identified synthesis skills. Leaderships skills
- Language skills: Proficient in English. Portuguese is an asset in the local environment.